Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stuck on You

I love all the recent artwork lately with images of cactus. Living in the Southwest all my life, I've grown to love the desert and all it's beauty. Just last weekend I was talking to my husband about how lovely it is to look out across the vast desert of cactus and Joshua trees as the towering purple mountains lie in the backdrop. Especially since some peaks are dusted with just a bit of snow right now, it's my favorite! 

Close To My Heart made it even easier to create these cactus works of art with their Stuck on You stamp set and coordinating Thin Cuts. I'd like to share a few cards that I have been experimenting with. Here is just one for today that is pretty simple and straight forward. It makes me think of the warmer Spring days in the desert, no more snow-capped mountains in the background when the cactus are in bloom!

I cut out the images first with the Thin Cuts and a Big Shot embossing machine. I used watercolor paper as I knew that I wanted to color in the images. Then I simply lined up the stamp over the cut paper. I colored in with water paints and placed them on my card creating a scene.

Here is some artwork from the Seasonal Expressions Idea Book. I will share some more cards I created in the coming week!

 You can create you own cactus art by ordering the stamp set and Thin Cuts here.

No comments: