Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thinking of, Wonderful, Fabulous You!

I was having fun with some glitter, shimmer and shine when creating this card for Freshly Made Sketches! I discovered some little banner pieces from Me & My Big Ideas hiding in a drawer that I recently reorganized. {and redecorated, pictures below} I thought they would be fun colors to use on this card with some CTMH glitter papers and some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Teal. I originally wanted to do a stripe or zig zag pattern on the side papers, but since the banner already had a stripe I went with some Snowhaven Polka Dot paper instead. In person this card has much more shimmer, you'll just have to imagine it!!


In my recent scrap room renovation I decided to dress up a simple plastic organizer I had sitting in the room. With the drawers being see-through, well, you could see right through to the mess inside!! To make it blend in to the room decor I decided to make panels for the front to dress it up and block the view to the craziness contained inside.

{before}

{after}

What I did was cut some Heidi Swapp color shine scrapbook papers to fit just inside the drawer front. Then I sprayed the papers in a rainbow effect from top to bottom. Now it coordinates with other elements in the room and simply looks neater! Here is where it sits in the room at the end of my Ikea Expedit units.


Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to take a look at the other artwork on FMS using this sketch!

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I do love me some sparkle and shine, and glimmer and glitz! The polka dotted borders on the side are perfect to draw the eye into the focal point of the card - the real show stopper! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh,i love...love this card!! WOW!! Great details! Love the color combo,splatters and glitter!!!
Great idea how you dressed up the plastic organizer!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is so cool and grungy! Love the modern feel your card has with the colours and stamps you've used!Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Eva Bussom said...

Super cute card Amy!