Monday, April 27, 2015

Typed Note Surprise

Time is running out to get the fabulous Typed Note Stamp of the Month! I had so much fun playing with this stamp all month long. One final project I made is a creative card for my son's Birthday. This was an idea that I talked about at the Crate Card Club, but had not tried it yet. I wanted to take the paper in the typewriter and make it a functional message that would be revealed when pulled out of the typewriter. It was super easy to create.


I used paper left over from my Crate Cards. The card was left basically with the same template, I just added some extra stamping, distressing and embellishments. Then I altered the typewriter to accommodate the pull-up message.


To achieve this effect I bubble cut the typewriter making sure to cut off the paper at the top. Then I cut a smaller strip of white cardstock {1x 2.75} to stamp the messages. I made certain that this piece would slide between some 3D foam tape that was mounted underneath the typewriter. The puffy star makes it easier to pull out the paper.


With just a few tweaks this card goes from flat, to fun and interactive!! Be sure to get this stamp set before it's no longer available!


Just a few more days to grab your Deal of the Day too! Order online here.

No comments: