Wednesday, November 19, 2014

First Ever Crate Card Club

Last month I introduced my customers to a new club I was starting. I call it the Crate Card Club!


This is the original photo I made for the flyer and introduction. I did an example and explanation of the club and handed out 6 colorful crates that day.

Our very first club met this past weekend and it is already a success! In fact I already gained an eighth member for our next club in January!

Here is how the club works~

Each member brings their crate filled with a sample card and all the materials for all other members to create their sample card. Each person gets a turn to be the teacher. We rotate to each member around the table until we have completed everyone's cards. In the end you create/design one card yourself and get to make 7 (depending on how many members you have that day) more cards taught by other members. They can be any occasion they desire, I only require that they use mostly Close To My Heart products.

Each member received a plastic crate that they could decorate as they desired. I gave away all the brightly colored crates so I used an older clear one that I dressed up in some black gross grain ribbon and a Base & Bling pendant.


Inside I had my designed card (inspired by the Snowhaven card making WOTG) the papers already cut, stamp set, embellishments and envelopes. I also had all the stamps we were going to use already mounted on blocks.


Here are the cards that were created from all the members~

My card

Nanette

Pat

Tommie  

Barbie

Janet

Lori

What did we learn from our first get together?

1. We get to use stamp sets that we don't already own
2. We learn different styles as everyone has unique ideas
3. We learn clever and creative techniques we never tried before
4. Everyone has a different way of teaching
5. Several cards can be made in a little amount of time
6. We will have a variety of cards for many occasions
7. We laugh and have way too much fun being members of this club!!

I can't wait to meet again in January!

Also~

In conjunction with the Crate Card Club I held a Holiday Open House where I showcased some of the Autumn and Winter collections available in the Annual Expressions Idea Book. I also hosted a Base & Bling buffet and gave a sneak peek to several products that will be featured in the newest Seasonal Expressions Idea Book. Whew!!! Yes, it was a big day for me!{and that's only the half of it!}. Stick around and I will have photo's from my Open House soon!




No comments: