Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrations Month!

Sorry for not posting in awhile! My schedule has been full and it is officially celebrations month. This week we celebrated reading week at school and I have been busy with activities and projects for various classrooms. It was also my father and my husbands Birthdays this week. But that's not all! I have been busy working on plans for my daughter's Birthday this weekend too!

Needless to say it has been crazy this week. However, when I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches I could hardly resist! What a fun sketch and I do need a special card for my Birthday Girl!


I love the new embossing folders from Close To My Heart. I chose the chevron pattern for this card and peeking out beneath is the lovely Skylark papers. I also incorporated the new pink glitter paper as the band and pleated some gray grosgrain ribbon behind it. These colors are perfect for my fashionable teen and has layer upon layer of texture!

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

The glitter paper and ruffly ribbon add some real sparkly fun to your card! I love those details combined with the textured chevron layer. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So cute! What a gorgeous combination of colours, texture and stamps! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!