Monday, March 19, 2012

Party Inspiration

From the moment I saw the inspiration photo for this week's challenge on Heart 2 Heart, I was thinking of a dozen ideas! It's a great photo and so many details to work with. From the scallops of fabric to the hot air balloons there were just so many directions to take my creativity. What I finally decided on was making a fun cake banner for my Husband's Birthday. He loved his carrot cake and the banner just made it extra special!

Take a look at the photo and what I came up with ~




All products are Close To My Heart. The colors I chose are Sky, Creme Brulee, Sweet Leaf, Cotton Candy and Lagoon. I hand cut the banner pieces and stamped them tone-on-tone with an argyle background basics stamp. I punched the circles for the "party" and stamped each letter with the Vintage Type alphabet stamp. It was all strung together with some white twine from the basics collection. To finish off my cake stand I tied a bow in front with the chocolate striped grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Your banner is absolutely adorable! I love the color combo and the simplicity of the project. It's cute without being too much. I have a party coming up soon, and though I'm not making the cake, I've been thinking about making a banner. Thanks for the inspiration!