Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A student for the day!

I have not been a student for some time, always busy teaching others. It was a welcome change and a great experience to see familiar faces and new ones too! I finally met the gal that leads myself and several other area consultants. Her name is Karen Morris and she is a savvy business woman, a rewarded leader, and a creative spirit. Not to mention that with all of her accomplishments, she is completely down to earth, warm and friendly. Here is a picture of us at the recent workshop.



I was looking forward to all the advice and support, but mostly the projects we created. The first project was created by one of the first consultants I ever attended classes with, Julie Jay. This super talented lady created this Memory File. Her design was simply fabulous with the envelope pockets, tags and hidden magnet closure. Fairly easy to assemble and lots of fun to embellish.








Finally, Karen shared a treat box with us, perfect for tucking little Ghiradelli chocolates inside. Hers was embellished in a Valentine's theme, so pretty, but I chose a Spring theme. I used the Key to my Heart papers and the new Fancy Cut Botanicals. This also was a fairly simple project that would be great for making multiples for quick gifts or classroom treats.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Amy! I love your completed projects. It was so fun working with you and look forward to many more delightful team workshops with you! Keep up the great work, Karen