Monday, October 27, 2008

"Dazzling" Halloween cards

I had a few moments here and there last week to play with some new Die Cuts and finish the rest of my Halloween cards. I will tell you all about Close To My Hearts November promotion "Dazzling Die Cuts" next week. These were just some fun cards I put together using some of the frames, shapes and letters contained in these wonderful die cut packages.







The scary black cat card features B&T papers from Game On and the circle frame is from the Autumn die cut. The black cat is from the October Word Puzzle stamp set and I embossed the Green cs with distressed stripes (cuttle bug). Twill ribbon and black brads are CTMH.




Spooky Star card features the star die cuts along with star dimensional elements that also came in the package. They are self adhesive and so easy to use. {no cutting} I must point out that the background paper behind the stars in actually Hydrangea purple. For some reason my camera makes it appear more blue. Either way it represents the night sky, I sanded swirls intentionally to give it more appeal. The phrase "spooky" is from October Word Puzzle Stamp. Misc. ribbon and brads finish it off.




I really like how this card turned out. There's something about adding bling and liquid glass to projects. The "H" is the die cut and I used some older B&T paper. Stamps used are October Word Puzzle again and Hallow-scream. Misc. ribbon.



Finally, I pulled out some older stamp sets that are still on wooden blocks...Yikes!... I know, but just look at how cute these characters are! I colored them in with watercolor pencils and blended them. The sunflower yellow frame is the die cut and I mounted on black and placed over the purple cs. The orange cs was embossed with swiss dots (cuttle bug). The "Trick or Treat" phrase is from October Word Puzzle. Finally I finished with some bigger brads and misc. ribbon.

No comments: